[Bf-committers] Flamenco rendering in the cloud

Philipp Hemmer phedev at gmail.com
Tue Jun 27 17:40:57 CEST 2017

Hi there,

I hope this is the right mailinglist. I haven't found one for flamenco
itself. If it isn't please direct me to the correct list.

I'm using the old but working "brenda" scripts and "brenda-web" for
rendering in Amazon Web Services.
I did some coding myself to improve it.

Now I ask myself where is my time well spent.
In the podcast you said you can connect own hardware with flamenco as well
Cloud Instances. This woke my attention.

I would like to help to integrate AWS and other cloud services. This way it
would be easy for a artist/studio to scale the rendering when needed.
It should be as "easy" to create and configure worker instances in the
cloud. Or did i get something wrong?

Thanks,
Philipp