[Bf-committers] Flamenco rendering in the cloud

Sybren A. Stüvel sybren at stuvel.eu
Tue Jun 27 17:51:49 CEST 2017

Hi Philip.,

On Tue, Jun 27, 2017 at 05:40:57PM +0200, Philipp Hemmer wrote:
> I hope this is the right mailinglist. I haven't found one for
> flamenco itself. If it isn't please direct me to the correct list.

There is no mailing list for Flamenco. You can mail us directly at
cloudsupport at blender.org if you want to discuss things with Francesco
and me, or come to IRC (#flamenco on Freenode).

> I would like to help to integrate AWS and other cloud services. This
> way it would be easy for a artist/studio to scale the rendering when
> needed. It should be as "easy" to create and configure worker
> instances in the cloud. Or did i get something wrong?

Currently Flamenco only supports render nodes that have direct access
to filesystem that is shared with your workstation. In other words,
Blender should be able to save to a place where the nodes can read the
files.

We have some ideas on how to extend this to render nodes at Google
Cloud or AWS nodes. If you want to help implementing such features,
that would be great.

Cheers,
--
Sybren A. Stüvel