[Bf-committers] Developers Meeting Minutes, July 9th 2016
jonathan at cgcookie.com
Sat Jul 9 19:38:27 CEST 2016
Hey all, here are the minutes from todays meeting on IRC in #blendercoders
- 2.78 is close but more discussion needed on what's left. Ton proposes we get RC in four weeks, then aim for release by end of August
- ID Remap from Bastien needs more testing, user testing and feedback requested!
- Lukas Tonne reports the Strand GPU branch is ready for testing hair geometry generation on the GPU. This will lead to implementing physically correct shading models for hair. Branch: https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/repository/strand_gpu/
- Nimble Collective has given support for two devs to work on Depsgraph and BAM!
- Reminder, Mike Erwin has started several 2.8 System Design docs, related particularly to the Viewport Project. Please review and add feedback: https://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2016-June/047455.html
Closing note: discussion is being had on whether or not to move back to the Weekly Sunday dev meetings, rather than the thrice-monthly. Seems the new schedule can be a bit problematic. No decision yet.
More information about the Bf-committers