[Bf-committers] Blender support for shader mdoel 6.0

Martijn Berger martijn.berger at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:00:54 CET 2016

HI Nadir,

I would expect some version of cuda 7.5 or 8.0 to offer sm_60 support (
which i presume is pascal ? ).  There are some plans for falling back onto
PTX when precompiled kernels do not match the requested feature-set of the
available hardware.  But due to the size and complexity of our kernel that
needs a bit of extra work as ptxas will likely chew on those files for a
non trivial time rendering blender unresponsive, which we need to handle
before adding ptx fallback kernel support.

If you have the possibility of enabling us to test with a version of the
cuda toolkit that can generate the needed binaries feel free to contact
Thomas. Sergey or myself directly.

Martijn