[Bf-committers] Blender support for shader mdoel 6.0

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Feb 8 12:56:14 CET 2016

There is no immediate plans for that, because it will require CUDA Toolkit
higher than 6.5 and we are not ready with such a bump yet mainly because
any newer CUDA Toolkit causes measurable speed regressions. For until we
solve or accept those regressions we can't go officially higher than sm_52.

I also don't see any cards which supports sm_60 [1] which means we can't
really choose any reasonable parameters for stack size and number of
threads.

I also didn't find information if any of publicly available CUDA Toolkits
supports sm_60.

So what kind of secret hardware, drivers and toolkit you're using?

[1] https://developer.nvidia.com/cuda-gpus

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin