[Bf-committers] Viewport project - plan of action

Mike Erwin significant.bit at gmail.com
Sun Dec 18 06:25:28 CET 2016

On Sat, Dec 17, 2016 at 3:29 PM, Jacob Merrill <blueprintrandom1 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The upbge team would like to work closer with the viewport team,
>
> maybe the upbge team can have a 2.8 ge branch in upbge git that pulls down
> from your branch?

panzergame keeps me up to date on UPBGE - blender2.8 merge issues. The
ongoing OpenGL upgrade in blender2.8 makes it rather tricky. Will be better
once that part is finished!

> panzergame has done quite a bit of drawing code mods in upbge
> maybe some of these commits can help the viewport team?

Yes! I follow UPBGE progress on Github and encourage other Blender viewport
devs to do the same.

> Will the game engine be using evee?

They'll most likely use the same or similar drawing code, right? Since
that's just a name of a thing that does not yet exist it's hard to make
predictions.

Mike Erwin
musician, naturalist, pixel pusher, hacker extraordinaire