[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes, 2018-12-17
ton at blender.org
Sun Dec 18 17:36:16 CET 2016
Here are the notes from today's 15 UTC meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
*** NOTE: next week 25 December we skip the meeting. Sunday 1 January we meet as usual.
1) Blender 2.8 projects
- We have a viewport project plan!
For discussions, use the blog on https://code.blender.org
or read the wiki doc:
- Clement Foucault made a GLSL api design doc for new viewport, gets reviewed by Brecht van Lommel
now, and then gets published next week.
- Migration plan for viewport in 2.8 branch is (in short):
(1) Finish render-layers
(2) Depsgraph iterator to provide generic access to Objects with their data;
(3) New API for viewport, to use new Object access and Engines/Pass drawing structure
(4) Start with new viewport code directory, and migrate old drawing code over piece by piece
Expectation is that (4) starts in the 2nd half of January.
- Workflow and 101 docs are almost done, will be there in a couple of days.
- Bastien Montagne made a first version of override system.
- Sergey Sharybin worked on task scheduler for Dependency updates. Less fine grained, faster.
2) Other projects
- Google Summer of Code students have updated status here:
All students are welcome to stay involved. Use the GSoC mailing list to ask for reviews or info.
- In 2017 we'll discuss release planning. There has been a request to update the release
for blender-cycles, for the various Cuda/Opencl/Intel fixes.
- Antonio Vazquez is working moving palettes from grease pencil to Blender palettes.
Design doc for Grease Pencil update will be published mid January.
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation, Director Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A, 1018 AD, Amsterdam, the Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers