[Bf-committers] Best ever - and even more to come

Haig Petrus haigpetrus at gmail.com
Fri Mar 20 15:15:52 CET 2015

Hello, everyone --

I was asked if I could forward this message that I sent to Ton earlier
today to all of you to which I agreed wholeheartedly.  Here it goes...

---

Hi Ton --

Just wanted to say that your team has been putting out the best releases in Blender's history at a faster rate than ever.  This new RC2 just put Blender in a whole new territory.  Clearly, Gooseberry is working its magic.  It's been a pleasure to test (actually, I've already used it in production for Disney in this state).  The new normals capabilities actually saved my skin just this week.  I can't thank you guys enough.  You have no idea how big a deal that was. It's like the RC came right after my prayers.  Thank you, thank you, thank you!

I've been putting off some of my tools development until the new depsgraph has been more fully implemented, as I'm sure the design of my tools will be affected by better deps.  For me, that's a huge deal, as well.  There's a whole slew of animation tools that I'm going to add, as soon as this is settled.

Mean time, I'll continue to report bugs diligently.

Keep moving forward...

--hpetrus