[Bf-committers] Multisample issue on Linux/X11/GLX

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 16:14:18 CET 2014

This is a video driver feature, which might be disabled by nvidia on some
platforms (assuming you're using nvidia driver).

Also, are there any messages regarding multisample in the console?

P.S. There was a demo application in qt, which might be the fastest way to
figure out if the issue is in blender itself or in video driver/X11/etc.

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 12:02 PM, Cédric PAILLE <cedricpaille at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've spent a long time trying to resolve a problem with the 3D viewport's
> multisample. I just can't get it to work on a CentOS 6.5 from sources (It's
> working if I download the binaries from the Blender's website).
> I've tried compiling with the latest GLEW library, with the internal GLEW,
> with GHOST_SDL compilation flag, and it's always the same, multisample just
> doesn't work. If I ask openGL for samples (using *glGetIntegerv*
> (GL_SAMPLES,
> samples) ) it always returns 0.
>
> Does anyone have an idea on how to debug this problem ?
>
> System : CentOS 6.5, Nvidia Quadro K2000 with latest drivers.
>
> --
> Cédric PAILLE.

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin