[Bf-committers] Fwd: Cloth simulation for a robot

fmart fmart at iri.upc.edu
Fri Mar 28 12:34:57 CET 2014

A 2014-03-28 03:51, Alex Fraser escrigué:
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:27 PM, fmart <fmart at iri.upc.edu> wrote:
>> I've tried to tune all the cloth modifier parameters and also the
>> collision modifier parameters of the box (of course, stickiness =
>> 0).
>> Besides, I've thought fill the box to make a solid object, but I
>> think
>> this is not possible in blender.
>
> I've come across this too. Perhaps we could add an option to Surface
> force fields to only apply the force in the direction of the face
> normal? That way you could make a solid shape that repels hair, cloth
> and particles that are inside it. For example, the force effector on
> the cube in this example [1] could always push outwards instead of
> trapping the cloth and particles inside.
>
> Alex
>
> [1] http://www.pasteall.org/blend/27960

Thank you for your answer. I've tried to apply force fields as you
said, but it doesn't work for me. I think the main problem is I'm not
just using gravity to change cloth, I try to manipulate it.

For instance, I want to pick up a piece of cloth from a table, and then
drop it.[1] Once I drop the piece of cloth I don't get a very realistic
behavior.

Does anyone know an alternative way to manipulate cloth in blender?
Perhaps, I'm trying to do something that is not possible.

Thank you
Felip

[1] http://www.pasteall.org/blend/27967