[Bf-committers] Fwd: Cloth simulation for a robot

Alex Fraser alex at vpac-innovations.com.au
Fri Mar 28 03:51:33 CET 2014

On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 11:27 PM, fmart <fmart at iri.upc.edu> wrote:
> I've tried to tune all the cloth modifier parameters and also the
> collision modifier parameters of the box (of course, stickiness = 0).
> Besides, I've thought fill the box to make a solid object, but I think
> this is not possible in blender.

I've come across this too. Perhaps we could add an option to Surface
force fields to only apply the force in the direction of the face
normal? That way you could make a solid shape that repels hair, cloth
and particles that are inside it. For example, the force effector on
the cube in this example [1] could always push outwards instead of
trapping the cloth and particles inside.

Alex

[1] http://www.pasteall.org/blend/27960