[Bf-committers] Blender developers meeting notes - June 1, 2014
ton at blender.org
Sun Jun 1 17:48:39 CEST 2014
Here are the notes from today's meeting in irc.freenode.net #blendercoders.
1) Upcoming Blender 2.71 release
- Tracker bugs: still 185 open, but probably over 50 were closed in past week. There's a whole lot of activity there now!
- Get the 2nd testbuild here:
- Meeting agrees to wait a week for the release (at least). All efforts to testing & fixing!
- Students are getting started now, but things are a bit fuzzy still. They will get a reminder to make sure their project proposals, design docs, planning and midterm deliverables are being approved and endorsed as widely within the shortest possible time.
- OpenNurbs library (to read nurbs files from Rhino) is 70 MB (before linking). Student Jonathan deWerd will check if this can be stripped. Most of all he should check what (advanced) level of tessellation (display, render) is supported in nurbana or brl-cad.
- Ines Almeida (game engine fixes) has been busy with other work still, but next week she'll start. First goal is meeting with the other GE devs to get a good understanding of priorities, and which bugs can go to the 'todo'.
3) Other Projects
- Faster blur for compositor:
- Sergey Sharybin will submit OpenSubdiv fixes to Pixar: Cuda for dynamic loading
- Lukas Treyer is working on a full recode and upgrade of DXF import in Blender:
Ton Roosendaal - ton at blender.org - www.blender.org
Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute
Entrepotdok 57A - 1018AD Amsterdam - The Netherlands
More information about the Bf-committers