[Bf-committers] Weekly Blender developer minutes, February 16, 2014

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Mon Feb 17 23:28:11 CET 2014

Hi,
I feel like I have to clarify this, as I have read some wrong
assumptions on forums and blendernation after this.

1) For Blender users nothing will change. Cycles will still be inside
our main Blender repository, it will still be integrated via C++ into
Blender. No performance or work flow loss of any kind will happen. And
Cycles is and remains a blender.org project of course.

2) Cycles can be compiled as standalone executable since its first
release in 2011. I just updated the code and extended the possibilities
a bit.

3) The idea of this standalone project and an own git project (still on
developer.blender.org) is just an *addition* for people who are
interested here and want to integrate Cycles into other 3D programs.

Again, for Blender users nothing will change, so time to relax...

Thanks.