[Bf-committers] Trouble compiling kernel_avx on OSX 10.6.8

patrick boelens p_boelens at msn.com
Sun Feb 16 22:18:43 CET 2014

Hey everyone,

I've been trying to compile Blender for the first time in forever, and failed. I downloaded a clean trunk from git, but it's giving me an "unrecognized command line option "-mavx"" error in kernel_avx.cpp. On Thomas Dinges' advice I updated my GCC to 4.7.3, but to no avail; the error persists. I included a quick paste below[1], which verifies gcc is using the latest MacPorts version. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Patrick

[1] www.pasteall.org/49566