[Bf-committers] debugging / building with osl option

Brad Hollister behollis at soe.ucsc.edu
Sun Sep 22 04:54:41 CEST 2013

On Ubuntu...

#1 Using QtCreator (as described here:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/IDE_Configuration/Linux_CMake_QtCreator),
I can debug Blender within the IDE. This works for all source files
(.cpp/.cc) except ones with the .c extension (such as the entry point
in creator.c). I only get disassembly in the editor with those -- even
though the breakpoint is associated with a full path to the source
file itself. This is the same across all IDE's, so I assume it has
something to do with gcc and possibly debug compile options (although
they appear to be set properly through the cmake configuration).

#2 Can't fully build with the WITH_OSL option. I get a linking
error as the final build step associated with Boost and OpenImageIO.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Brad