[Bf-committers] debugging / building with osl option

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 05:38:54 CEST 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 12:54 PM, Brad Hollister <behollis at soe.ucsc.edu> wrote:
> On Ubuntu...
>
> #1 Using QtCreator (as described here:
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/IDE_Configuration/Linux_CMake_QtCreator),
> I can debug Blender within the IDE. This works for all source files
> (.cpp/.cc) except ones with the .c extension (such as the entry point
> in creator.c). I only get disassembly in the editor with those -- even
> though the breakpoint is associated with a full path to the source
> file itself. This is the same across all IDE's, so I assume it has
> something to do with gcc and possibly debug compile options (although
> they appear to be set properly through the cmake configuration).

Note that theres nothing QtCreator spesific here (debug options apply
to any CMake build).

In your build directory run cmake-gui (or load CMakeCache.txt in an editor).

CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE should be set to Debug, so you should have this text.
eg:
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Debug

CMAKE_C_FLAGS_DEBUG should contain "-g/-g3/-ggdb3"
eg:
CMAKE_C_FLAGS_DEBUG:STRING=-ggdb3 -fno-inline -O0 -Wall

Then you'll get debug symbols.

> #2 Can't fully build with the WITH_OSL option. I get a linking
> error as the final build step associated with Boost and OpenImageIO.

You would have to link to a full error log of the output, otherwise
its hard to know whats going wrong.

--
- Campbell