[Bf-committers] [Idea] MinGW Cycles cpu kernel in MSVC builds

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Tue May 28 00:05:43 CEST 2013

OSL is still unstable on both MinGWs (crash on rendering). I have long
managed to compile and link those locally and can provide the patches if
someone wishes to investigate. Apart from that, linking C++ code from
different compilers is a nono.
Also, openmp support is missing due to the horrible pthread implementation
of MinGW64 which I am looking at right now. It's not surprising at all that
this code deadlocks and crashes so much. I so want to fix that error but
simple good practices such as comments, identation and variable naming are
things that the people who wrote the library scarcely heard about.