[Bf-committers] Suggestion: Drop zip archives (Windows releases)

Thomas Dinges blender at dingto.org
Sat Mar 9 18:48:41 CET 2013

Hi,
ok I see the resistance here. :)

I introduced 7z a few months ago, in the hope it will be a progress
(smaller file size and faster download).
On Linux and Mac we only have 1 archive and people are happy with it.

Anyway, I am not willing to keep providing all 3 versions (this is also
extra work on the dl page then) so I guess I have to drop 7z.
I had the impression the 7-Zip program is a "must have" on Windows,
apparently I was wrong. ;)

Thomas

Thomas Dinges
Blender Developer, Artist and Musician