[Bf-committers] Suggestion: Drop zip archives (Windows releases)

Sean Olson seanolson at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 19:20:20 CET 2013

I personally love 7-Zip, but I think it is not the defacto standard and is
mostly unknown in the Windows community at large.  According the the steam
software survey 45% of Windows users have Winrar installed.  18% have 7-zip
installed.  I believe (but don't know) that winrar opens 7z files.  That
still leaves 38% of windows users in the dark.  I too, if you are going to
choose only one, would choose zip.  It's become a standard.   You can
reassess in the future of course if 7z becomes more prevalent.

Relevant Link: http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey

-Sean