[Bf-committers] Suggestion: Drop zip archives (Windows releases)

Alexandr Kuznetsov kuzsasha at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 18:20:43 CET 2013

Hi,

.zip is natively supported on Windows. Not only that, it is the most
supported format. So, I don't think there is good reason to drop it
except for size. Also, 7z is only 30% percent smaller, which makes a
difference only ~10 seconds to download on good connection. Self
unpacking archives are not trustworthy and worse than installers.
If you want, I can pack .zip archives!

Best,
Alex