[Bf-committers] Blender roadmap article on code blog

Jürgen Herrmann shadowrom at me.com
Mon Jun 17 15:30:56 CEST 2013

Hi,

I don't think OpenGL 2.1 will cause problems at all on XP but API features of Windows do. We already had to patch OIIO to avoid calls to InterlockedCompareExchange64 because XP doesn't support it.

In the future there will be more problems with API and compiler intrinsics not supported. So we'll have to work around these and use many ifdef blocks for XP compatibility.
That is actually what I am afraid of ;)