[Bf-committers] Blender roadmap article on code blog

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Jun 17 15:06:56 CEST 2013

Hi,

We only have to respect two aspects for supported platforms:

- be able to move forward with Blender in ways we like to
- have developers available to keep platforms supported

Market shares don't have to play a role. I also don't know of any project here that would practically require to drop 32 bits. If someone has that issue, we can openly review that.

Same goes for XP support. I have no evidence it wouldn't allow to run opengl 2.1 features.

-Ton-

Chairman Blender Foundation - Producer Blender Institute