[Bf-committers] Feature request - "Copy Render Layer"

PabloVazquez.org venomgfx at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 22:43:28 CET 2013

@Bartek

Yes that'd be a nice addition, but I think both options should be provided.

Your approach seems good when copying a couple layers, but sometimes is
needed to copy many (characters, bg, fg, zmasks, and so on).

I think the best way would be to:
- Copy/Paste individual RenderLayer to buffer.
- Import RenderLayers from X scene
- Import RenderLayers from file...
    - This could be a little popup invoke that lets you browse to the file,
once the file is chosen it will the scenes in a dropdown, for each scene a
list of the renderlayers to import.

Is this even possible with current Blender's API?

--
Pablo Vazquez
CG Artist - Blender Foundation Certified Trainer
E-mail: contact at pablovazquez.org
Website: http://www.pablovazquez.org