[Bf-committers] Feature request - "Copy Render Layer"

Bartek Skorupa (priv) bartekskorupa at bartekskorupa.com
Sat Feb 2 14:10:22 CET 2013

@Pablo
You're right. It should be called "Duplicate Render Layer". I didn't think about it this way. I'll change it.
I'll also try to figure out a way to "Copy/Paste" render layers between scenes or files. My goal here would be to make it work the same as when we copy/paste nodes.
Desired behavior would be like this:

Select render layer, then click COPY, open another scene or another file and hit PASTE.
What do you think about it?

I think this kind of behavior would be easier to handle by users than "appending" render layers as it is in "Import Render Layers" add-on.
You don't always know all render layers by heard, so probably anyway before running "Imposrt Render Layers" you'd want to open the source file, right? Just to be sure if you import what you want.

Cheers

Bartek Skorupa

www.bartekskorupa.com