[Bf-committers] Pthreads Redeclaration on cmake MinGW64 Error

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 15:44:39 CET 2013

Hi, we do not support every build of MinGW64, in fact due to ABI
incompatibilities for different gcc versions only a build using gcc 4.7
will work.

In our build instructions we explicitly state that only a specific build
will work
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Windows/MinGW/CMake

This one:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Personal%20Builds/rubenvb/gcc-4.7-release/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.7.1-release-win64_rubenvb.7z/download

I have found that most gcc 4.7 builds work fine. Newer versions of
mingw-w64  headers might conflict with our libraries and source. I would
like to do a full update of libraries to support newer versions of MinGW64
but that would be time consuming so I do not plan to do it very soon.