[Bf-committers] Pthreads Redeclaration on cmake MinGW64 Error

Jeffrey H italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Wed Dec 18 18:33:09 CET 2013

Antony,

That would be fantastic. I'm under the impression there are a few extra
features and fixes that could be worth exploring, such as a fix for
MAX_PATH.

Jared,

I've found the latest version I can use is 4.7.3 (ex:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/mingwbuilds/files/host-windows/releases/4.7.3/64-bit/threads-win32/sjlj/x64-4.7.3-release-win32-sjlj-rev1.7z/download),
which I use for my own builds daily. Anything newer than 4.7.x will not
work and will likely end with linking errors on blender.exe or pthreads;
those are the usual errors I get with recent versions, anyway. If newer
versions work for you, that's wonderful, but only 4.7.1 is supported.

On Wed, Dec 18, 2013 at 6:44 AM, Antony Riakiotakis <kalast at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi, we do not support every build of MinGW64, in fact due to ABI
> incompatibilities for different gcc versions only a build using gcc 4.7
> will work.
>
> In our build instructions we explicitly state that only a specific build
> will work
>
> http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Building_Blender/Windows/MinGW/CMake
>
> This one:
>

> http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw-w64/files/Toolchains%20targetting%20Win64/Personal%20Builds/rubenvb/gcc-4.7-release/x86_64-w64-mingw32-gcc-4.7.1-release-win64_rubenvb.7z/download
>
> I have found that most gcc 4.7 builds work fine. Newer versions of
> mingw-w64  headers might conflict with our libraries and source. I would
> like to do a full update of libraries to support newer versions of MinGW64
> but that would be time consuming so I do not plan to do it very soon.

Jeffrey "Italic_" Hoover