[Bf-committers] Radial control, pie menus and nice wip feature: Conflict?

Sean Olson seanolson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 02:16:54 CEST 2013

Hi, I've been working on the pie menus addon for some time now and I don't
think that kgeogeo's solution would conflict at all.   The #1 reason for
pie menus is to have options at your mouse, so that you are not moving all
the way over to the side bar all the time, and so that you can keep your
eyes on your scene while fiddling with settings. Kgeogeo's solution would
mesh perfectly fine - you press and hold down a key, mess with the widget,
and release the key.  In fact, we do have one pie menu
that incorporates settings.  On the "V" key inside of sculpt mode, you have
direct access to stuff like brush size/strengh/angle etc etc etc via
floating sliders that appear around the mouse cursor.  Have a look yourself
if you want to play:
http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?267414-Pie-Menus-(2-66)-Update-01-28-13

I'm not sure how much of our design Ton is going to cannibalize in his C
recode, but from a high level design position, I don't see these two
graphical interface elements conflicting, but rather complimenting each
other.  (I personally would use both).

-Sean