[Bf-committers] Radial control, pie menus and nice wip feature: Conflict?

Antony Riakiotakis kalast at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 01:57:22 CEST 2013

Hi, I've been trying to work around some nice way to control the stencil
mapping of brushes. My first approach was to find a shortcut, and after
some thinking about what would be lenient, intuitive and hardest of all,
available to all paint modes I settled on Right-Click.

Now the issues begin: I thought that I would use a similar scheme to our
brush radial control, namely ctrl-F, F, Shift-F. And I did code a light
version of that. However, clever coder kgeogeo came up with a nice
solution, see

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kAOoCZfZS9o
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WaRvMCHgeg

This is very nice IMO. It has a play factor, it allows to select many
properties and tweak any of them. So my question is: Would such a design
conflict with the upcoming pie menus? I think they are slightly different
in that pie menus don't allow tweaking of properties. I would like to tweak
the existing radial control to allow for such a UI (or write a new one? Not
100% certain it could accomodate it without drastical changes).

Thoughts?