[Bf-committers] Nvidia Fermi performance issues

Tobias Oelgarte tobias.oelgarte at googlemail.com
Mon Sep 10 23:51:06 CEST 2012

Hello,

I must wonder if there is already a working solution to bypass the Fermi
performance issues. I just installed a GTX 560 TI and i enjoy the
rendering speed in Cycles. But I'm extremely unhappy with the viewport
performance. It is even slower then on my old Geforce 7600 M (right a
mobile card with 128 MB RAM). 1M polygons is not a big deal for my old
card, but the new card is already below a framerate that could be usable
for modelling. I played around with various settings, but so far it slow
as hell.

Any ideas on how to improve performance or is someone already working on
a patch?

A little sad looking
Tobias Oelgarte