[Bf-committers] Alembic streaming

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Mon Sep 10 17:44:25 CEST 2012

Hi,

It's not data, it's a representation of other data, for that reason 'ID type' doesn't fit well.

Of course anyone could go ahead with experimenting with Alembic in general, that's very useful. But to me it seems there's no use case pinned down well though... if you consider to do this with a mixed studio pipeline, where are the stakeholders to feedback or support it even?

Much rather than working for unknown mixed pipelines I welcome work on a generic solution for all our baking  features in Blender... this is a huge problem and mess in general, it needs to be solved. Alembic can be part of that solution.

-Ton-