[Bf-committers] Blender FX Proposal

Knapp magick.crow at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 19:44:43 CEST 2012

On Fri, Mar 30, 2012 at 12:38 AM, Jason Wilkins
<jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is a continuation of my thread seeking feedback about improving
> Blender's view drawing code.  Previously titled "Compositing Viewport"
>
> The game engine contains a feature that is a subset of what my
> proposal would do.  The Filter2D actuators let the user write GLSL
> programs that can refer to various "standard" buffers and which can be
> arranged in linear passes.
>
> It would be weird if core Blender had more powerful view drawing code
> than the game engine rasterizer :-)

I am not so sure that is true. The game must keep the frame rates high
for good animation. The normal window does not need this as badly but
does need very good quality renders at all times. Dropping to frame
rates as low as 12 or maybe better 24 would not kill most desktop
stuff but no gamer would like it.

--
Douglas E Knapp

with open source software!