[Bf-committers] Blender FX Proposal

Jason Wilkins jason.a.wilkins at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 00:38:05 CEST 2012

This is a continuation of my thread seeking feedback about improving
Blender's view drawing code.  Previously titled "Compositing Viewport"

The game engine contains a feature that is a subset of what my
proposal would do.  The Filter2D actuators let the user write GLSL
programs that can refer to various "standard" buffers and which can be
arranged in linear passes.

It would be weird if core Blender had more powerful view drawing code
than the game engine rasterizer :-)

So, my question here is: insofar as there is overlap between the game
engine and a new view port, how should I approach preventing
duplication?