[Bf-committers] Color pipeline todo: alpha

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Dec 20 20:33:10 CET 2012

Hi,

The convention is probably based on where the graphics comes from.

- Straight alpha:
Painted graphics and exporting it with an alpha mask. Colors remain unchanged.

- Unpremultiplied color:
Images from render and composite, converted to display color.

- Premultiplied color:
A straight alpha image, converted to to premultiplied colors.

Each is actually different :)

-Ton-