[Bf-committers] Development Environments

Chad Fraleigh chadf at triularity.org
Fri Dec 7 11:00:10 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Dean Giberson <dean at deangiberson.com> wrote:

> Also, just to point out VS2008 is hitting end of life. VS2008 Pro has a
> date of April 9, 2013.
> http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/?sort=PN&alpha=Visual+Studio.
> I imagine 2008 Express will be similar. A switch to VS2012 Express might
> not be a bad thing to look at in the near future. Not a small task but
> an important one. VS2008 won't suddenly stop working at this date but it
> will get increasingly harder to get any kind of support.
>
> Is there a team in place to do a VS2012 update? I would be willing to
> help out with this if you need the people.

The python 3.3 source already has project files for Visual Studio
bundled, but it is v11 (i.e. VS2012) format. Are there any free tools
that will convert v11 projects to v9 or v10? ;).

Oh and I don't know about VS2010, but 2012 only allows a 30-day
evaluation without a registration code (but that part is claimed to be
free).

P.S.

I finally got blender to build under Windows (VS2008). Yaaaa!!  =)
But then I hit that assertion error on exit bug. Booooooo!  =(

-Chad