[Bf-committers] Development Environments

Chad Fraleigh chadf at triularity.org
Sun Dec 9 23:46:36 CET 2012

On Fri, Dec 7, 2012 at 12:08 AM, Dean Giberson <dean at deangiberson.com> wrote:

> Hey, just a note I've been running VS2010 Win64 + Scons without issue
> until recently. The current issues are around changes to the OpenEXR
> header layout (VS2008 & VS2010 don't have the same layout) & the OSL
> lib's not using path-less references into OpenEXR (I can just turn off
> OpenEXR & OSL for now). Also there is no python33.lib yet.
>
> Is there a full build script for the VS2010 libs? Or is it just a matter
> DL-ing and compiling each by hand? Other than the docs about switches at
> https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/trunk/lib/win64/Readme.txt
> are there is there anything to help in doing this task? A continuous
> build or such?

I've managed to build python lib/dll's (debug & release) for the following:

 * Visual Studio 2010 32-bit
 * Visual Studio 2012 32-bit
 * Visual Studio 2012 64-bit

I couldn't get 2010 to build in x64 mode - it just kept skipping the
pythoncore project due to some error (which of course it doesn't
explain). Though, it may be possible to just use the 2012 versions for
2008/2010 builds too.

So should I submit those compiled binaries, or is it preferred I just
give the instructions (not much to them, just time and repetition to
run them)? I can just hear the thoughts now -- "I'm not using binaries
from an untrusted source!" ;)

Right now I'm trying to get the boost libs compiled. The build.bat
seems to generate 2010 versions, even if run in a 2012 command
prompt.. so building 2012 versions ones may not be so easy.

-Chad