[Bf-committers] Bad level calls in navmesh

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 10 05:53:53 CEST 2011

On Sat, Sep 10, 2011 at 1:35 PM, Campbell Barton <ideasman42 at gmail.com> wrote:
> There are bad level calls in the recent navmesh merge.
>
> source/blender/modifiers/intern/MOD_navmesh.cpp -- calls
> buildNavMeshDataByDerivedMesh
>
> define here:
> source/blender/editors/util/navmesh_conversion.cpp
>
> Modifiers are meant to be low level and not call into editors (they
> are on a similar level as blenkernel).
>
> Would it be possible for navmesh_conversion.cpp to be moved into BKE?
> - not sure how thsi works since its C++ but editors was also C only
> before this file was added and it works ok, otherwise it could be
> moved into its own module (which seems overkill but is better then
> being in editors IMHO).
>
> --
> - Campbell

Hi Benoit,
Replying to myself here.

Noticed another C++ file added to editors,
./source/blender/editors/object/object_navmesh.cpp

Aren't editors supposed to remain C ??? (unless I missed some discussion ...)

Short of reverting the navmesh feature, which I don't think is
necessary at this point, whats the best way to move these 2 files out
of editors?