[Bf-committers] todo tracker

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Sun Mar 20 13:01:06 CET 2011

Hi,

Campbell and me are probably the ones who have moved most reports
there, with 3-4 other devs we're responsible for 99% of this long open
list. My preference is that these devs then also take some time to
check on the open issues, verify status, close or move to wiki.

I know it's tempting to press the 'send mail to everyone' button, but
such actions better be used by developers who then also can manage the
outcome well. Further, I've always tried to give reporters personal
attention on reports, which I think is a core & positive value too.

Tom is very welcome to help with this, by checking todo items he knows
are either already handled or became obsolete, and notifying reporters
of such indivudally. I'll volunteer to go over reports manually as well.

The current wiki todo list is now getting quite complete (and long!),
maintaining that overview well is worth doing well organized and with
some attention. It's especially important that all module maintainers
of Blender code are personally really good aware of this.

-Ton-