[Bf-committers] Keymap storage & management

mindrones mindrones at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 14:56:25 CEST 2011

Hi,

> On Sat, Jul 23, 2011 at 11:42 AM, Jonathan Williamson
> <jonathan at montagestudio.org> wrote:
>> I have to agree with Daniel. I constantly hide parts of a mesh bit by
bit.

3Developer.com wrote:

>>> NOT, we want to hide, hide, hide, unhide.. hence the two hotkeys
>>>
>>> Daniel Salazar
>>> 3Developer.com (http://3Developer.com)

agree it's not ideal, I didn't consider that, my bad...

On 07/24/2011 01:12 PM, Jim Williams wrote:
> Then h on unhidden to hide single, h on hidden to unhide single, and
> Alt+h to unhide all (or hide all?).  No doubt that
> using a character as a toggle is convenient whenever there is an on-off choice.

... but maybe it's possible to do:

- "quick h-h" acts as a toggle *just on the selection*
- "h - N sec pause - h" adds to hidden selection (after all you have to
select stuff before hitting h again to add to hidden objects)
- alt-h unhide all

Dunno, I just find that h-key really annoying being hit by accident and
you have to alt-h everything anyway if you want to revert.

In general I'd like to have more keystrokes being toggles, even among
many states, instead of having one shortcut for each single action.

An example being the viewport shading choice, could be that a shortcut
like Z toggles all the available states in a loop, would be fast to
choose. Same for the pivot point, say it gets a shortcut '.', then you
just end up pressing '.' many times until you get the pivot of choice.

Regards,
Luca