[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [34914] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ui/ properties_material.py: Commit patch [#25939] material panel proposal by Ervin Weber (lusque).

ervin weber ervin.weber at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:27:54 CET 2011

Hi,

first of all, I'm sorry if I didn't publicized this enough.
After discussing in IRC, i have mailed bf-committers over 2 weeks ago:
http://lists.blender.org/pipermail/bf-committers/2011-February/030364.html
The (few) replies where positive, so I raised the topic in the last
sunday meeting. Nobody opposed and so it was committed.

I'm new here, so probably it was my fault for not knowing where this
kind of topics are better discussed. If that was the case, again, I'm sorry.

Anyway, now that I have your attention, I'd like to propose a compromise
solution: change the panels contents depending on whether the material
uses a nodetree or not.

[simple material]:
maintain the 'old' panels as they were before

[node material]:
add the pipeline panel and move into it the relevant properties
(as the actual panels are)

I agree that the pipeline panel might be a burden when used with a
simple material. But I think it is needed when dealing with
node-materials, if only to show how the render engine actually works.

best regards,
Ervin Weber