[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [34914] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ui/ properties_material.py: Commit patch [#25939] material panel proposal by Ervin Weber (lusque).

Ton Roosendaal ton at blender.org
Thu Feb 17 16:35:45 CET 2011

Hi,

It makes perfect sense, since it follows the design and implementation
of our render system. Whether you like this or not, call it bad names,
but it's what we have, and it's perfectly understandable. A good UI
design should respect and communicate this.

Pipeline options are about how gemeotry is processed, and it reflects
in how render layers work. Wire, Halo, Ztransp, masking, are there.

This is separated from how shaders work. That goes to passes and that
is what nodes work on. "Material override" also only does shaders.

Whether you like it or not, it's how the system works. The previous UI
was giving a lot of confused reactions too... because maybe the UI was
"intuitive", but *oops* it doesn't work that way unfortunately.

-Ton-