[Bf-committers] [Bf-blender-cvs] SVN commit: /data/svn/bf-blender [34914] trunk/blender/release/scripts/ui/ properties_material.py: Commit patch [#25939] material panel proposal by Ervin Weber (lusque).

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Thu Feb 17 12:42:12 CET 2011

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 17, 2011 at 12:06 PM, Matt Ebb <matt at mke3.net> wrote:
> On Thursday, February 17, 2011, Daniel Salazar - 3Developer.com
> <zanqdo at gmail.com> wrote:
>>  It makes perfect sense if you know how it works
>
> it doesn't make perfect sense and it never did in 2.4 either. The
> reason for this is that it's impossible to make a ui for this that is
> clear, usable and understandable because the internal system that it's
> supposed to be representing doesn't make sense. The current material
> node system is a dysfunctional mess and no amount of button
> rearranging is going to fix that or make it any easier to understand.
>
> Better to keep it how it was and at least retain some semblance of
> organisation and work on fixing the problem where it should be fixed
> rather than continuing to change things around for no clear
> improvement when things are supposed to be stabilised.

I also would prefer to change it back. It's a tradeoff, making things
better organized for typical usage, or making it better to suit a node
system that already has design issues. We can disagree about what's
more important, but I consciously made this design decision when
adding the panels.

Brecht.