[Bf-committers] Geometry in Compositor or Quadrangulation???

Vilem Novak pildanovak at post.cz
Sun Apr 10 22:35:34 CEST 2011

Hi, I think the rasterizer would be really interesting,
since it would also probably be based on opengl and much faster than re-rendering the scene?
if a widget system could be implemented for 2d views(image editor, sequencer), it could be incredibly usefull,
 since curve-based matte editing could possibly happen in those views instead of 3d view
 and the workflow would be much more natural and expectable. This would be beneficial generally for parameter editing in
node editing and sequencer.
 By widgets I mean basically curves/rectangles/lines/points in the views, something like this:
http://www.pasteall.org/pic/show.php?id=10388
(from this addon work http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?185423-Stereo-Camera-Python-Script-for-Blender-2.5)

As a long time user and occasional developer, I don't think quadranculation is such an essential feature, even in 3d coat where its done really well the results are relatively hard to tweak and some kind of advanced retopo system might be more powerful for production. Besides that, there are probably some of this years GSOC proposals going in this direction ?

these are of course my personal preferences, but since you were asking... ;)
Vilem