[Bf-committers] iqm exporter

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Tue Sep 21 20:53:21 CEST 2010

On Tue, September 21, 2010 5:36 am, Campbell Barton wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Patrick Shirkey
> <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Apologies in advance if this is the wrong list for this question.
>>
>> I am trying to get the iqm exporter http://lee.fov120.com/iqm/  to run
>> in
>> the latest 2.54beta version. Linux, x86_64.
>>
>> Previously I was able to get it to load in svn from about two months
>> back.
>> However the latest version will not allow the script to load at all.
>>
>> Instead I get this error message when running in debug mode:
>>
>> fake_module iqm_export
>> /usr/local/src/blender/blender-2.54-beta-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.54/scripts/addons/iqm_export.py
>>
>> I have done a quick search and nothing popped up specific to that
>> "fake_module" message except the recent commit from the 8 August.
>>
>> Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this would be appreciated.
>>
>> I would like to try to get the Buck Bunny rig into Sauerbrauten ;-)
>>

>> Cheers.
>
> The addons system uses a function called fake_module() in
> scripts/ui/space_userpref.py
> The fake_module function reads only the addon_info dict from the
> module to avoid loading every addon just to display their info.
>
> This had a bug in 2.54 (fixed in svn), where the locale of the system
> was used for reading the files which gave errors with some locales,
> not its forced to utf-8.
> Without more info I cant tell if this is the problem.
>
> Could you test with a recent build to see if its fixed?,

Thanks for your interest.

I have built and tested with the latest svn. Same problem.

> Else you could give a link to a full error log.

Even with -d the "fake_module" message is the only message that is printed
relating to the script. It gets printed repeatedly every time I mouse over
the menu buttons on the left of the addons dialog and when the dialog is
opened.

In the past I have seen much more verbose messages when this script failed
due to python issues. With this version I am not seeing that. It simply
doesn't show up in the addons window.

IIUC the fake_module message is not an error?

I'm happy to trace it but my approach would be to add specific debugging
messages to the addons code. Is there an easier way?

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.