[Bf-committers] iqm exporter

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 14:36:18 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Patrick Shirkey
<pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Apologies in advance if this is the wrong list for this question.
>
> I am trying to get the iqm exporter http://lee.fov120.com/iqm/  to run in
> the latest 2.54beta version. Linux, x86_64.
>
> Previously I was able to get it to load in svn from about two months back.
> However the latest version will not allow the script to load at all.
>
> Instead I get this error message when running in debug mode:
>
> fake_module iqm_export
> /usr/local/src/blender/blender-2.54-beta-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.54/scripts/addons/iqm_export.py
>
> I have done a quick search and nothing popped up specific to that
> "fake_module" message except the recent commit from the 8 August.
>
> Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this would be appreciated.
>
> I would like to try to get the Buck Bunny rig into Sauerbrauten ;-)
>

> Cheers.

The addons system uses a function called fake_module() in
scripts/ui/space_userpref.py
The fake_module function reads only the addon_info dict from the
module to avoid loading every addon just to display their info.

This had a bug in 2.54 (fixed in svn), where the locale of the system
was used for reading the files which gave errors with some locales,
not its forced to utf-8.
Without more info I cant tell if this is the problem.

Could you test with a recent build to see if its fixed?, Else you
could give a link to a full error log.

- Campbell.