[Bf-committers] iqm exporter

Campbell Barton ideasman42 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 22 05:00:35 CEST 2010

On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 6:53 PM, Patrick Shirkey
<pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:

> On Tue, September 21, 2010 5:36 am, Campbell Barton wrote:
>> On Tue, Sep 21, 2010 at 9:23 AM, Patrick Shirkey
>> <pshirkey at boosthardware.com> wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Apologies in advance if this is the wrong list for this question.
>>>
>>> I am trying to get the iqm exporter http://lee.fov120.com/iqm/  to run
>>> in
>>> the latest 2.54beta version. Linux, x86_64.
>>>
>>> Previously I was able to get it to load in svn from about two months
>>> back.
>>> However the latest version will not allow the script to load at all.
>>>
>>> Instead I get this error message when running in debug mode:
>>>
>>> fake_module iqm_export
>>> /usr/local/src/blender/blender-2.54-beta-linux-glibc27-x86_64/2.54/scripts/addons/iqm_export.py
>>>
>>> I have done a quick search and nothing popped up specific to that
>>> "fake_module" message except the recent commit from the 8 August.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions on how to go about fixing this would be appreciated.
>>>
>>> I would like to try to get the Buck Bunny rig into Sauerbrauten ;-)
>>>

>>> Cheers.
>>
>> The addons system uses a function called fake_module() in
>> scripts/ui/space_userpref.py
>> The fake_module function reads only the addon_info dict from the
>> module to avoid loading every addon just to display their info.
>>
>> This had a bug in 2.54 (fixed in svn), where the locale of the system
>> was used for reading the files which gave errors with some locales,
>> not its forced to utf-8.
>> Without more info I cant tell if this is the problem.
>>
>> Could you test with a recent build to see if its fixed?,
>
> Thanks for your interest.
>
> I have built and tested with the latest svn. Same problem.
>

>> Else you could give a link to a full error log.
>>

> Even with -d the "fake_module" message is the only message that is printed
> relating to the script. It gets printed repeatedly every time I mouse over
> the menu buttons on the left of the addons dialog and when the dialog is
> opened.
>
> In the past I have seen much more verbose messages when this script failed
> due to python issues. With this version I am not seeing that. It simply
> doesn't show up in the addons window.
>
> IIUC the fake_module message is not an error?
>
> I'm happy to trace it but my approach would be to add specific debugging
> messages to the addons code. Is there an easier way?
>

> Cheers.
>
> --
> Patrick Shirkey
> Boost Hardware Ltd.

fake module isnt an error message,
see: space_userpref.py
---
        # fake module importing
        def fake_module(mod_name, mod_path, speedy=True):
            if bpy.app.debug:
                print("fake_module", mod_name, mod_path)
---

Could you report this in the bug tracker and include the addon?

--
- Campbell