[Bf-committers] compositor defocus node

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Fri Oct 22 18:09:25 CEST 2010

Hi All,

I have reverse engineered the compositor defocus algorithm to its purest
form. the result I have posted on my blog.

http://sicg.atmind.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=29:blender-defocus-algorithm

The current implementation is not depth aware. I am not sure that this
is a real issue, as nobody complains. I am also not sure about the many
filter types and settings. the circle has a faster algorithm then the
rest of the filters, but visually they do not differ much.

Hope it is helpful to you all. Btw I am pleased with the speedup (50% on
my system). Will try on a GTX200 series next week.

Cheers,
Jeroen