[Bf-committers] New Developer Doug Hammond (dougal2)

Doug Hammond doughammond at hamsterfight.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 14:02:12 CEST 2010

Hi Guys,

Having just got my email subscribed and configured I can now reply and
say thanks!

Indeed adding the 'EF' code to blender SVN will help to reduce
installation pain with regards to the exporters that use it.
Perhaps others might find some of the code useful and/or improve it,
though I will take the task mostly upon myself for that.

In the process of submitting the code, I have in fact renamed it to
extensions_framework, as I felt that the 'Exporter' name was a little
too specific.
As Campbell correctly summarised in the other thread, the module
contains several high-level utilities that other py-extensions could
potentially use, not just for export purposes. In fact, it is my
intention to continually review the contents of the module against the
blender API as it evolves, with a view to preferring to use the
blender API where possible. The EF originally started life as a
stop-gap solution to get a few jobs done that were missing or awkward
in the blender API, but as the blender API evolves and grows to better
support render/export integration I have no problem in obsoleting
parts of the EF that might be deemed 'duplicate'.

Regards,
Doug.