[Bf-committers] small scale suggestion : keyframe extra tools

Muhamad Faizol Abd. Halim faizol.blender at gmail.com
Mon May 10 23:19:59 CEST 2010

Hi all,

I tried to suggest a new small feature that in my personal opinion would be
very helpful for animators but my email was bounced. I am sorry if this
turns out as a duplicate.

My suggestion would be as the following;

1. To have an in-between keyframe can be inserted on the timeline using
right-mouse-button (RMB) to position it at a specific timeline, and
middle-mouse-button (MMB) to put a keyframe at that timeline. Other mouse
gestures will simply cancel the operation. This will help animators to
create follow ups keyframe much more easily and can consolidate several
dopesheet operations into just 2 clicks on the timeline.

Example is posted  at this link:

http://www.pasteall.org/pic/3226   (blender_suggestion_01.png)

2. My second suggestion is to more keyframes management tool/handler. One of
them is a box handler, more or less like this. I'm hoping that this could
help animators to handle/manage large amount of keyframes much more easily.

example: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/3227 (blender_suggestion_02.png).

I hope my suggestion is not too much.

Thanks.

Best Regards,