[Bf-committers] small scale suggestion : keyframe extra tools

Joshua Leung aligorith at gmail.com
Tue May 11 02:11:05 CEST 2010

Hi,

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 9:19 AM, Muhamad Faizol Abd. Halim
<faizol.blender at gmail.com> wrote:
> 1. To have an in-between keyframe can be inserted on the timeline using
> right-mouse-button (RMB) to position it at a specific timeline, and
> middle-mouse-button (MMB) to put a keyframe at that timeline. Other mouse
> gestures will simply cancel the operation. This will help animators to
> create follow ups keyframe much more easily and can consolidate several
> dopesheet operations into just 2 clicks on the timeline.
>
> Example is posted  at this link:
>
> http://www.pasteall.org/pic/3226   (blender_suggestion_01.png)
So is the main purpose of this to just insert breakdowns using a
modal-workflow without having to scrub the time cursor over to where a
keyframe is desired (with the keyframe taking the interpolated values
at the point where they are inserted)? I don't really understand the
point of this, and don't really consider this as too much of a
benefit.

I do understand the need to be able to add keyframes tagged as
'breakdowns' in an easier way, and for that I do intend to add a way
to choose the type of keyframes inserted. However, the best way to
present this functionality is still a bit unclear, though I don't
think this is the right approach.

> 2. My second suggestion is to more keyframes management tool/handler. One of
> them is a box handler, more or less like this. I'm hoping that this could
> help animators to handle/manage large amount of keyframes much more easily.
>
> example: http://www.pasteall.org/pic/3227 (blender_suggestion_02.png).
This sort of tool has been on my todo for a couple of months now.
Basically, it's pending work on a generic manipulator widget API
before work progresses on setting this up.