[Bf-committers] Remove unused code

Jeroen Bakker j.bakker at atmind.nl
Thu Mar 25 19:33:58 CET 2010

Hi

Just added a patch to remove unused code... It is the BLI_dlist.

In Blender2.5 only BLI_list functions are used. Still before this patch
can be applied we need to discuss if the code is really obsolete. There
is actually a webpage on the code what has recently be modified (January
the ninth) see:
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Blender_Source/Dynamic_List_With_Access_Array

Patch to remove the code can be found here.
https://projects.blender.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=21762&group_id=9&atid=127

My opinion is that the code should be removed. As no-one uses it, it is
not needed. I accidentally used the code,
and looked for other usage to learn from it, but couldn't find it. I
also found out that the code is not useful for me, as I want to build a
dynamic vertex amd face array that needs more performance and less
memory foot-print.

Best regards,
Jeroen.